Sunday, December 16, 2007

Password Recovery Petition.

This post was copied from Nezlo's blog, due to the fact that it deals with him and Avamay directly. Here's the post below.

"Sunday, December 16, 2007

Down below is a petition of sorts "Bring password recovery back" that i will send to Vult-r and I hope other bloggers decide to do this as well or at least guide them this way so we can get as many players as possible to sign their "Ingame" name.

This showing Vult-r how serious we are about it and hopefully we will not have to go to extremes like some of us have in the pass hence the blocks/spam and whatever else.So please I ask you to sign this by putting down your EO ingame name and perhaps a comment if you wish, Also if you have lost an account please feel free to have your say explain your situation and whatever else, Anything goes.
All comments and this note will be sent to Vult-r several times to different email addresses and maybe other methods as well.Thank you for your time and I hope you decide to join in on this as we all want recovery back.

-------------------

Dear Vult-r,

I know you have been hearing that tons of players have been scammed/hacked out of their accounts and such....Some, even most have been taken by keyloggers and what have you, Not saying all are innocent but none the less, Password recovery really needs to be brought back to the game for all these players.

I know you disabled it because some were taking advantage, Stealing accounts by way of email recovery but that was their own fault for giving anyone info on it.I think it's time you brought it back, We are all in serious need of it....YOU are LOSING players day by day, For the most part it's because of them losing accounts they worked so hard on.

Some have simply forgot their password, Hey it happens, We are only human.
If you want a successful game Vult you are going to have to bring it back no matter what anyway or players are going to stop joining/quit or just spam at you with all they got.
I know you can only do so much but this alone would be a great help, Just think how many you would be helping just by bringing recovery back.

Please really consider this Vult, With all that's going on right now it can only do more good than harm.

Thank you for reading,

Nezlo and the following players of Endless Online."

Now, I will express my opinion on this matter. 75% of me wishes to agree with Nezlo and Avamay on the situation, and I have great respect for both of them. I know what they're going through and I'm sorry to hear it. The password recovery would benefit the players who've lost their accounts and wish to play there account once again. EO is a tough game to start over.

The other 25% is afraid of what happened before when it wasn't disabled. Many players got rich by recovering old turtle and devil accounts, which then were sold, etc. Due to the fact of players using fake e-mails because of no verification needed, many more accounts were stolen.

I believe however, that the benefit of having password recovery is worth more than the losses that are caused by it. I know if I had an account that I got stolen, that I'd want it back. I support the cause.

-Dark.

3 comments:

Avamay said...

Yes, everyone who supports this please go sign it....its been way too long.

dancin'bush is bak 2 talk smak said...

Yeah, bringing it back up before christmas would be good....

Nez said...

Thank you for the support man :)